Europcar is founded in Paris
Renault purchases Europcar
Creation of subsidiaries in Belgium, Germany, Holland and Switzerland
Acquisition of Budget in Italy: Corporate development in Spain
Acquisition of Godfrey Davis UK, Creation of Europcar International
Creation of subsidiary in Portugal
Wagon-Lits purchases Europcar and sells 50% of the share to Volkswagen
Merger with Interrent Car Rental GmbH
Accor acquires Wagon-Lits including its 50% share of Europcar
- Europcar launches an innovative Online Reservation System via the internet in February.
- Volkswagen AG become sole shareholders in Europcar, demonstrating its faith in the ability of the Europcar board and showing commitment in developing as a lifestyle company.
Budget Rent A Car are announced as new strategic partners for Canada and North America.
- Eurazeo acquires 100% of Europcar.
- Europcar acquires Keddy and Ultramar.
- Europcar signs a strategic alliance with Vanguards in the US and acquires the european business of Vanguard EMEA.
- Renewal of the strategic partnership with TUI.
- Europcar acquires Betacar the leading car rental group in the Balearic and Canary Islands and Vanguard's European businesses ("Vanguard EMEA": brands National & Alamo).
- Europcar acquires its Asia-Pacific Master Franchisee with Direct Operations in Australia and New Zealand. The purchase gives Europcar its first direct operations outside of Europe and enhanced access to the fast-growing Asia-Pacific market.
- Europcar and Enterprise Rent-A-Car conclude strategic alliance: European and North American leaders join forces to form the world's largest car rental network.